Some Facts on Fire
- Each year fire kills more Americans than all natural disasters combined
- At least 80% of all fire deaths occur in residences
- Cooking is the leading cause of home fires in the U.S.
- A working smoke alarm dramatically increases a person's chance of surviving a fire
Fire Prevention Tips
- Install fire detectors in the home and inspect them regularly
- Have a fire escape plan for your family and practice it
- Never leave cooking unattended
- Maintain and properly use gas and electrical appliances
- Place a fire extinguisher on every floor of the home
- Keep combustible materials away from sources of heat
- Never smoke in bed
Note: We are not responsible for the content of external web sites. View the County's External Website Disclaimer.