Emergency Management (BePreparedSutter.org)
Sign up for Alerts from the Sutter County Office of Emergency Management
Sign up at CodeRED to receive emergency notifications. Be notified in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts. Examples include: evacuation notices, flood alerts and other important emergency or disaster information.
You can also download the Code Red application from the Apple App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
It Just Got Easier To Find Your Evacuation Route In An Oroville Dam Emergency
Sutter County Development Services staff, which created the Sutter County Oroville Dam Emergency Evacuation map, has made it easier to find your evacuation route in the event of a future problem with the spillway or the dam that requires evacuation.
A field has been added to the map that allows individuals to look up evacuation routes for specific addresses in Sutter County, including the incorporated cities of Yuba City and Live Oak. View the searchable Oroville Dam Emergency Evacuation Route Map for Sutter County.
Depicted in the map are the intended evacuation routes for an emergency involving Oroville Dam only. Evacuation routes are subject to change depending on actual conditions at the time of the evacuation.
Note that this map does not depict evacuation routes for any other emergency, including a potential or actual levee failure when local roads and highways can be flooded or threatened. Evacuation routes will be determined at the time of the emergency based on what roads are available.
A searchable map as well as a PDF download of the Oroville Dam Flood Evacuation Route Map for Sutter County are linked below. This map was originally designed to be 3 feet by 4 feet. To see detail, please zoom in while viewing the map.
|The Office of Emergency Management is responsible for planning, response and recovery activities associated with natural and man-made emergencies and disasters throughout the County and coordination of those activities with Local Agencies, California Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). On this page you will find links to information that will help you prepare for an emergency in Sutter County. The information that you can access from this webpage is some of the information that the Office of Emergency Management uses to prepare and respond to an emergency. I hope you find this webpage helpful and informative. If you have comments or any feedback, please send a message or drop a note. My contact information is located at the end of this page. Thank you, Emergency Operations Manager.|
|When Disaster Strikes||FEMA for Kids|
Prepare an Emergency Kit You Can Grab and Go
In the event of an emergency, it helps to have important items ready to go. Follow this link to learn what types of items should be in your family’s Emergency Kit:
Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP)
Emergency Operations Plan
The Basic Plan was approved by the Board of Supervisors at their regular meeting on October 25, 2011. The updated plan was approved in January of 2015.
- Annex 1 - Emergency Support Function (ESF) Handbook and Checklists
- Annex 2 - Emergency Operations Center Handbook and Checklists
- Annex 3 - Incident Command System (ICS) Forms
- Annex 4 - Communication Operations (Comm OPS) Plan
- Annex 5 - Floods and Dam Failure
- Annex 6 - Wildland Fire Plan
- Annex 7 - Extreme Weather and Seismic Events Plan
- Annex 8 - Transportation Emergency and HazMat Event Plan
- Annex 9 - Evacuation and Mass Care/Shelter
- Annex 10 - Domestic Pets/Livestock Care Plan
- Annex 11 - Volunteer and Donations Management
- Annex 12 - Terrorism
- Annex 13 - Public Health Emergency/Bioterrorism
Posters (8.5 x 11 in.)
- Additional Emergency Information
- American Red Cross Preparedness Information - Downloadable Brochures
- California Storm Ready
- Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Preparedness For Pets & Livestock
- Drought Assistance
- Emergency Kits & Supplies
- Emergency Links & Information
- Emergency Management Guide - For Business and Industry
- Fire Services
- Flood Information
- Hazardous Material
- Road Closures - Sutter County Online Service
- Road Conditions - CA Department of Transportation
- Severe Weather
- USDA Secretarial Disaster Designation
- West Nile Virus Alert - Fight the Bite!
- Wildland Fires