In 1996 the Live Oak Fire Department, the Oswald-Tudor Fire Department, and the Sutter Fire Department consolidated to form what is now the Sutter County Fire Department-County Service Area F. The Sutter County Fire Department protects approximately 250 square miles of Sutter County, which includes the Sutter Buttes, World’s smallest mountain range, which covers approximately 70 square miles.
Throughout the three fire stations the county has 16 paid staff, 2 Battalion Chiefs, 9 Captains and 5 Engineers under the direction of the Fire Services Manager.
Supporting those 16 personnel are approximately 30 Volunteer Firefighters.
Sutter County Fire Services also includes the volunteer, Pleasant Grove Fire Department, (CSA-D), and the East Nicolaus Fire Department, (CSA-C)
For fire or medical emergencies please dial 911.
The mission of the Sutter County Fire Department is to prevent the loss of life, environment and property in Sutter County, through the prevention and mitigation of fires, medical, hazardous materials, disasters, and other emergencies by emphasizing training and equipping Fire Department personnel for effective intervention and promoting public safety through education and code enforcement.
Protecting life and property from fire or disaster is a noble calling, attracting people with a passion for public service. Utilizing the newest techniques and technologies available to the fire service, the Sutter County Fire Department confidently moves into the future as a lean, aggressive organization focused on providing the highest level of assistance possible.
We the members of the Sutter County Fire Department Value:
Therefore, we commit ourselves to:
- TRAINING- Having well trained members who are productive, flexible, responsible, responsive, and who achieve results
- TEAMWORK- Supporting members who are positive, honest, and work together towards achieving common goals
- INNOVATION- Encouraging innovation through communications which are open, honest, and timely; recognizing individual and group efforts; and receiving and giving constructive criticism.
We do the above within a structure which:
- Applies standards consistently to all members
- Offers services impartially to all we serve