To protect the health and safety of our community and staff, we will be closed to the public starting March 20, 2020 until further notice.
Notice about Price Gouging:
It is unlawful during a declared state of emergency in California to sell specified consumer goods or services for a price more than 10% greater than charged previously. (Penal Code section 396(b).) Violation of this law can result in criminal or civil law enforcement action against retailers engaging in this illegal conduct.
The Sutter County District Attorney’s office is tasked with prosecuting crimes such as price gouging during a declared state of emergency. Our community should not have to worry about being cheated while dealing with the effects of Coronavirus.
If you experience price gouging, we urge you to take a photo of the product and the price tag, and then report offenders by submitting information, including date and retail location, to: https://www.suttercounty.org/contact/da
The District Attorney's office prosecutes on behalf of the people of Sutter County, all individuals, both adult and juvenile, accused of felonies, misdemeanors, and infractions occurring within the County.
Additionally, the District Attorney's Office has a unit dedicated to providing services to victims and witnesses of crime called the Victim/Witness Assistance Program. Trained and experienced advocates provide crisis counseling, orientation to the criminal justice system, community referrals, assistance with applying for victim compensation, a support group for family members of homicide victims, and many other services. Assistance and information is available in several different languages.
The Sutter County District Attorney's Office serves the people of Sutter County by seeking truth, protecting the innocent, holding the guilty accountable, preserving the dignity of victims and families, and ensuring that justice is done while always maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- To help improve the quality of life for all residents of Sutter County
- To employ individuals of character and courage who are dedicated to justice for Sutter County
- To assist law enforcement agencies in the prosecution of criminal cases
- To provide assistance to those who have been victimized by crime
- To ensure that the public is kept informed of the work done by the Sutter County District Attorney's Office
- To promote the interests of the people in the criminal justice system, as mandated by California State law and the Constitution of the United States
- To further the success of crime intervention and prevention efforts in Sutter County
- Promote the integrity and ethical standards of the District Attorney’s Office
- Expand the number of successful Gang prosecutions
- Increase the fight against agricultural crime
- Earn the confidence and respect of the people of Sutter County
- Establish additional Private/Public partnerships to better serve crime victims and their families
- District Attorney - Amanda L. Hopper
- Assistant District Attorney - Jana McClung