We also have multiple options for submitting applications and plans:
- Our "Fast Track" online permitting can be applied and paid for here. Please verify you are in Sutter County.
- You may complete our Building Permit Application and submit your plans and documents to [email protected]
- There is a white drop box available in front of our doors at 1130 Civic Center Boulevard where you may drop off plans, completed permit application, etc. or
- You can always mail in your submittal documents to Sutter County Development Services, 1130 Civic Center Boulevard, Yuba City, CA 95993
Building Inspection Schedule
NOTE: After opening the link above, if you do not see the current day's schedule after the 8:00 a.m. publishing time, please try refreshing your browser cache by simultaneously pressing the Ctrl and F5 keys on Windows or simultaneously pressing the Command and R keys on the Mac. On mobile devices, you may need to clear the browser cache in your device settings.
To schedule a building inspection, please call the Development Services Department office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at (530) 822-7400 extension 0 to speak with a Development Services Technician.
Online Building Permits
For certain "Fast Track" type building permits, an application can be completed, submitted and paid for online. A temporary permit will be immediately issued. You will be contacted when the Official Building Permit is ready for pickup at the Development Services Customer Service Counter at 1130 Civic Center Blvd., Yuba City. You must have in-hand an Official Building Permit before an inspection can be scheduled.
Please verify that you are in Sutter County’s jurisdiction before submitting an application. These permits are issued only for properties outside the Cities of Yuba City and Live Oak.
What Requires a Building Permit
Work commenced prior to obtaining a Building Permit will be subject to double fees.
Any Contractor found working without a Building Permit will be subject to double fees, in addition to, being referred to the CSLB (California State Licensing Board.)
- Building Permit Application
- EV Charging Checklist
- Plot Plan / Site Plan Checklist
- Plot Plan / Site Plan Example
- Plan Submittal Checklist
- Sample Code Study
- Residential Fire Department Access Road Requirements
- Manufactured Home Plan Submittal Checklist
- Owner Authorization Form
- Owner Builder Handout
- Address Request
- Refund Request
Residental Building Requirements
Commercial Building Requirements
- Accessibility Construction Checklist
- Commercial Coach Plan Submittal Checklist
- Commercial Building Fire Apparatus Access
- Commercial Fire Department Access Road Requirements
- Demolition Permit / Plot Plan Requirements
- Demolition Requirements
- Tenant Improvement Checklist
- Soils Investigation
- Statement of Special Inspections
- Approved Special Inspector Firms
- CASp Handout
- Disabled Access Hardship Form