Boat Launch Status
Tisdale Boat Launching Facility
The Tisdale Boat Launch Facility on the Sacramento River south of the
Sutter County community of Meridian will be the only boat access point
to the Sacramento River from the Sutter County side of the river.
The launch facility is located at the Tisdale Weir, at the Sacramento
River at the end of Tisdale Road, in western Sutter County.
The two-lane launch ramp is 32 feet wide and 152 feet long and the
parking area slab is 88 feet wide and 750 feet long with 43 vehicle/trailer
parking spaces. It cost $1.4 million and was funded through a grant from
the California Department of Boating and Waterways, utilizing funds generated
by taxes on boats.
This section of the Sacramento River is part of the only stretch of river in the
Sacramento Valley where fall salmon fishing will be allowed. Under Department of
Fish and Game rules, no Chinook are allowed to be kept anywhere on the Sacramento
and San Joaquin rivers or any of their tributaries, including the American and
Feather rivers. The only exception is from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31 in the Sacramento River
between the Red Bluff Diversion Dam and Knights Landing for a one-salmon bag and
This boat launching facility is north of Knights Landing on a stretch of the river
that is also excellent for steelhead, striped bass and sturgeon.
Located at the Tisdale Weir, north of Knights Landing.
- From State Highway 20: Turn south on Tarke Road. Go approximately 2.8 miles, turn east on McGrath Road. Turn south on Germaire. Go over the bridge and turn right into the entrance to the boat launch facility.
Hours of Operation
- From State Highway 113: Turn northwest on Reclamation Road as you enter the town of Robbins. Go approximately 11.2 miles and turn east on Tisdale Road. Tisdale Road will go under Reclamation Road and continue westward for approximately 1.9 miles to the intersection with Cranmore Road. Turn right onto Cranmore Road. After traveling 1,000 feet, turn left (south) onto Tisdale Road. The entrance to the launching facility is ahead 0.20 miles at the end of the road.
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- No restrooms available
- May launch 2 boats at one time
- Floating docks are at the base of the ramp to access boats and load people and supplies
- Ample parking for boaters and day use
- Large pull in stalls for vehicles and trailers
To Purchase Annual Boat Launch Permits:
- For Boat Launch Annual Permits contact Sutter County General Services at (530) 822-7410 or view the Instructions Online.
146 Garden Highway