To protect the health and safety of our community and staff, Sutter County has closed the library branches in Yuba City, Live Oak and Sutter as of 3/17/2020 until further notice.
All library book due dates will be adjusted without penalty of fines. The library will continue to accept returned items in outside book-drops at any branch location.
eBooks and digital magazines continue to be available through the library website.
Although the library building is closed, we are offering curbside pickup of books and videos. You may place your order through the online catalog or call 822-7137 to make requests. This service is offered 10 AM - 5 PM, Monday – Saturday.
The Library offers services designed to benefit the whole community. Children enjoy a wide variety of resources and exciting programs throughout the year. There are also regular events designed for teens as well as adults. A widely recognized Literacy Services Program offers classes for Adult Learners in Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, Citizenship, and much more. An active Friends of the Library group provides enthusiastic support through volunteers and fundraising.
ProQuest related resources have been provided for Sutter County Library Patrons, funded by California State Library. Please be ready to enter your Patron Barcode from your Sutter County Library Card when clicking the following links:
Sutter County Library systems are integrated with the Sacramento Public Library system for online catalog searches, account management and library computer reservations.
In response to COVID-19 and library closures, Califa has partnered with Bibliolabs to launch enki California Digital Library, an ebook library available to every person in California:
- No library card is required
- No hold queues
- If you are physically located in the state of California, you're in!
This digital newspaper collection currently contains 531,301 issues comprising 5,705,437 pages and 39,566,623 articles and can be found at https://cdnc.ucr.edu/ This database is open, free, and supports reading and research of California’s rich history and communities.
Patrons of Sutter County Library have access to many other helpful resources including e-books, audio files, and research tools:
Yuba City, CA 95991
- 10:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Thursday
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday & Saturday
- Closed Sunday
Please feel free to call us to verify our branch hours.
Live Oak, CA 95953
- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday and Wednesday
- 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Friday
- Closed Tuesday and Thursday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
Sutter, CA 95982
- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Closed Tuesday and Friday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
FEMA Floodplain Publications
Residents benefit by receiving credit towards a discount on their flood insurance policies for having the following FEMA publications at the local library. For your convenience, we have listed these documents, which can be downloaded from the FEMA website.
- FEMA P-347, Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House (2000)
- FEMA F-084, Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program (2011)
- FEMA P-55, Coastal Construction Manual: Principles and Practices of Planning, Siting, Designing, Constructing, and Maintaining Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas, 4th Edition (2011)
- FEMA 54, Elevated Residential Structures (1984)
- FEMA P-85, Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards (2009)
- FEMA 257, Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas (1994)
- FEMA P-348, Protecting Building Utility Systems From Flood Damage (2017)
- FEMA P-268, Protecting Floodplain Resources - A Guidebook for Communities (1996)
- FEMA 511, Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding (2005)