To protect the health and safety of our community and staff, Sutter County has closed the library branches in Yuba City, Live Oak and Sutter as of 3/17/2020 until further notice.
All library book due dates will be adjusted without penalty of fines. The library will continue to accept returned items in outside book-drops at any branch location.
eBooks and digital magazines continue to be available through the library website.
Although the library building is closed, we are offering curbside pickup of books and videos. You may place your order through the online catalog or call 822-7137 to make requests. This service is offered 10-7 Monday – Thursday and 10-5 Friday and Saturday.
The Library offers services designed to benefit the whole community. Children enjoy a wide variety of resources and exciting programs throughout the year. There are also regular events designed for teens as well as adults. A widely recognized Literacy Services Program offers classes for Adult Learners in Adult Basic Education, English as a Second Language, Citizenship, and much more. An active Friends of the Library group provides enthusiastic support through volunteers and fundraising. Check out our Online Services, below!
Yuba City, CA 95991
- 10:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Thursday
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm Friday & Saturday
- Closed Sunday
Please feel free to call us to verify our branch hours.
Live Oak, CA 95953
- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday and Wednesday
- 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Friday
- Closed Tuesday and Thursday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
Sutter, CA 95982
- 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- Closed Tuesday and Friday
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
- California's Library Services for People with Print Disabilities
- Chilton Library - Automobile Technical Database
- Discover and Go program
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Overdrive - eBooks and Audio
- TeachingBooks.net - Bring Books to Life
- Zinio for Libraries
FEMA Floodplain Publications
Residents benefit by receiving credit towards a discount on their flood insurance policies for having the following FEMA publications at the local library. For your convenience, we have listed these documents, which can be downloaded from the FEMA website.
- FEMA P-347, Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House (2000)
- FEMA F-084, Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program (2011)
- FEMA P-55, Coastal Construction Manual: Principles and Practices of Planning, Siting, Designing, Constructing, and Maintaining Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas, 4th Edition (2011)
- FEMA 54, Elevated Residential Structures (1984)
- FEMA P-85, Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards (2009)
- FEMA 257, Mitigation of Flood and Erosion Damage to Residential Buildings in Coastal Areas (1994)
- FEMA P-348, Protecting Building Utility Systems From Flood Damage (2017)
- FEMA P-268, Protecting Floodplain Resources - A Guidebook for Communities (1996)
- FEMA 511, Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding (2005)