The department is divided into two units: Juvenile Services and Adult Services. These units provide prevention, intervention and rehabilitative services, as well as investigations and supervision. Juvenile prevention and supervision services include probation officers assigned to Yuba City High School, River Valley High School, Gray Avenue Middle School, and Positive Attendance for Yuba City Unified School District, as well as Feather River Academy for Sutter County Superintendent of Schools. Other specialized programs include Adult Recovery Court, PC 1210 Supervision, CHOICES substance use disorder counseling, Batterer’s Treatment, and Public Safety Realignment Education and Employment for adults, and for minors, Intensive Supervision, Functional Family Therapy, Parent Project, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) and Aftercare Program for those minors committed to the Maxine Singer Youth Guidance Center.
What is Probation?The answer can differ greatly from state to state however probation in California has evolved to become one of the leaders in the use of evidence-based practices to help implement positive behavior change. Watch this video to find out more about how California Probation is Leading The Change in policy and in the lives of our clients.
- Serve the community by forming and maintaining partnerships with other agencies, law enforcement, schools, and the community
- Evaluate the needs of the individuals and families we serve and support a course for their success
- Promote community safety by providing thorough and objective reports to the Court
- Monitor compliance with the law and Court orders and promote responsible behavior
- Assist victims in seeking restitution, communicate on their behalf and protect their well-being
Adult Probation & Adult Resource Center/Administration