County of Sutter Website Policies
Security Policy Summary
WiFi Terms & Conditions of Use
The free wireless internet service provided by the County of Sutter is for use by the Public. All users are required to accept the terms and conditions before gaining access. By using this wireless access network, the user acknowledges that he/she is subject to, and agrees to abide by, all laws, and all rules and regulations of local and federal government, that are applicable to internet use.
Acceptable User Policy
The public wi-fi is indended to be used in an appropriate manner. The County may, at it's discretion, block or limit access to certain websites that you may seek to access while using the public wi-fi.
This includes but is not limited to websites and/or services that:
- contain any viruses, malware or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, or access without authority any County system, data or personal information
- provide access to, create, store, distribute or display offensive, pornographic or illegal text, graphics, audio or video
- are used for downloading or copying of copyright protected material
- are used for online gambling
- are used to harass or attempt to harass other people
- are offensive or promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- promote conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous, or
- further or promote any criminal activity or enterprise, or provide instructional information about illegal activities, including but not limited to:
- making or buying illegal weapons
- violating someone's privacy, or
- creating computer viruses or malware.
You are solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated using the County's public wi-fi, and are responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
The County will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage incurred as a result of use of the freely provided public wi-fi.
The County strongly recommends you install a personal antivirus and firewall on your wireless enabled device to block unwanted traffic and potentially malicious files.
The County reserves the right to disconnect any user at any time and for any reason.
Detailed Policy Pages
Acceptable Use Policy
The County’s Acceptable Use Policy is intended to help protect our visitors, and the Internet community, from the inappropriate use of the Internet.
Learn about how the County is committed to ensuring that it's website is accessible to the public.
Copyright policy for content, graphics and materials on the County website.
This policy limits Sutter County's liability for content published on this website.
External Website Disclaimer
The County is not responsible for the content contained on websites external to this website.
External Website Links Policy
This policy provides information about what external links are permissible on the County website.
Learn about what personal information might be collected and how it is used.
Measures taken to safeguard the integrity of the County's network and computing infrastructure.